This customized 2-day programme gives a broad overview of the FinTech space that is rapidly evolving around the traditional banking environment. In areas such as blockchain and artificial intelligence, we dive deeper into these important technological areas that are changing the financial services landscape and challenging the traditional models of banking and finance.
To understand market developments fuelled by technology that are affecting banks and their traditional business models, with a focus on innovating the business of banking through the use of technology.
- A concise 16 hours (2-day) workshop with hands-on exercises to discuss on the FinTech space.
- Classroom-style teaching with real life examples.
- Introduction to Financial Technology (“FinTech”)
- The Evolution of FinTech – a brief history of financial innovation and digitization of financial services. What are the changes taking place in financial industry? Why is financial industry being transformed? What is the role of technology? How is technology enabling changes to business models in banking and finance?
- Case studies of collaboration between banks and startups.
- Technologies impacting financial institutions
- What is Blockchain and Bitcoin? What is the concept of mining and the digital cryptocurrency landscape?
- What are digital tokens? What are smart contracts and Ethereum?
- Distributed ledger technology and its potential to provide faster/cheaper/more secure financial transactions : centralised vs decentralized
- FinTech Business applications
- New payment systems – Paypal, Alipay, Wechat Pay
- Wealth Management – Yu’e’bao
- ANT Financial – SME financing
- ICOs – risks; why banned in some countries such as China?
- Panel Discussion: The Future of Banks
- What does the future hold? Where are the banks going to be in 10 – 15 years?
- Potential risks and opportunities
- What clarity is required from regulators to fill out grey areas and gaps?
- How does one innovate without potentially falling into the regulatory grey areas and potential risks?