This is an intensive programme for participants to learn more about the rules & regulations in Financial Market industry. This programme is to ensure potential financial advisers/ representatives possess the requisite knowledge of the regulatory framework, including the laws & regulations, and associated codes, notices, practice notes and guidelines governing the capital markets and insurance intermediaries in Singapore.
The program will be conducted through E-Learning. Through the programme, you will learn how to become a better financial advisor in the current environment.
2 hours including assessment test.
- Designed for FA Reps to enhance their understanding of rules & regulations in capital markets of Singapore when they conduct business with their clients.
- This is an E- Learning programme for Part 1 (1.5hrs) / Multiple Choice Questionnaire (MCQ) Assessment (0.5hrs).
- Upon successful completion of the programme, FA Reps to be eligible for the 2 hours CPD requirements, under the MAS Guidelines for FA Reps.
- Course will be conducted in English language
Rules & Regulations Anti Financial Crime
- What is Financial Crime
- Key Definition
- Overview of Financial Crime Related Issues
- Who Commits Financial Crime
- Activity That Involved Risk Potential In Organisation
- Elements in Financial Crime
- Money Laundering
- What Is Terrorist Financing
- The Impact of Financial Crime
- Case Studies
- Understand the nature of financial crime
- Improve oversight and leadership approaches to financial crime prevention
- Consider upcoming global legal, regulatory and policy developments
- Overcome financial crime challenges
- Provide information and guidance to those working for us on how to recognize and deal with bribery and corruption issues
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the relevant provisions of the Financial Advisors Act and applicable regulations relevant for financial advisers.
- Discuss regulatory issues which financial advisors have to deal with including prevention of money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism.
- Analyse and illustrate understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory principles by recommending appropriate advice/ course of action with specific outcomes in mind.
- The training duration is 1.5hrs for each part with an assessment component at the end (30mins) to assess the participants’ understanding.
- Successful completion MCQ Assessment after the training session (70% passing rate)
- Participants shall answer all the 15 questions within the time limit. 1 question two minutes.
- There will be a processes and procedures in place to authenticate and tack that the specific representative is the one taking the e-learning course and assessment (e.g. individual login, administering the assessment in a controlled environment).