This is an intensive programme for participants to learn more about the rules & regulations in Financial Market industry. This programme is to ensure potential financial advisers/ representatives possess the requisite knowledge of the regulatory framework, including the laws & regulations, and associated codes, notices, practice notes and guidelines governing the capital markets and insurance intermediaries in Singapore.The program will be conducted through E-Learning. Through the programme, you will learn how to become a better financial advisor in the current environment.
2 hours including assessment test.
- Designed for FA Reps to enhance their understanding of rules & regulations in capital markets of Singapore when they conduct business with their clients.
- This is an E- Learning programme for Part 1 (1.5hrs) / Multiple Choice Questionnaire (MCQ) Assessment (0.5hrs).
- Upon successful completion of the programme, FA Reps to be eligible for the 2 hours CPD requirements, under the MAS Guidelines for FA Reps.
- Course will be conducted in English language
Rules & Regulations Anti Bribery & Corruption
- Key Definition
- Corruption Indicators
- Case Study
- Anti-Bribery Laws and the Sanctions for Non-Compliance
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Overview of Prevention of Corruption Act (PCA)
- Third Party Due Diligence
- What is Anti-Bribery & Corruption
- What are the Anti-Bribery Laws and Sanctions for non-compliance
- What is Conflict of Interest
- Understand what are the Disciplinary Actions for non-compliance
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the relevant provisions of the Financial Advisors Act and applicable regulations relevant for financial advisers.
- Discuss regulatory issues which financial advisors have to deal with including prevention of money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism.
- Analyse and illustrate understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory principles by recommending appropriate advice/ course of action with specific outcomes in mind.
- The training duration is 1.5hrs for each part with an assessment component at the end (30mins) to assess the participants’ understanding.
- Successful completion MCQ Assessment after the training session (70% passing rate)
- Participants shall answer all the 15 questions within the time limit. 1 question two minutes.
- There will be a processes and procedures in place to authenticate and tack that the specific representative is the one taking the e-learning course and assessment (e.g. individual login, administering the assessment in a controlled environment).