Asset allocation with Listed Securities
This programme focus on the notion that different asset classes offer returns that are perfectly correlated. Effective asset diversification is useful to reduce overall risk in an investment portfolio. Listed products such as Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), REITs and Fixed Income Securities (Retail Bonds and Preference Shares) can be used to create that diversification.
This course serves to provide not only an introduction to the above listed products but how they can be used in portfolio creation and asset allocation. Rebalancing strategies and applicable schemes available in Singapore will also be introduced.
A concise 3 hours classroom teaching with real life examples
- Deepen and extend participants’ knowledge and understanding of listed securities, particularly, ETFs. REITs and Fixed Income Securities (Retail Bonds and Preference Shares).
- Provide participants with a knowledge of the mechanics of portfolio construction and analysis across a whole range of instruments.
- Enable participants’ to gain knowledge and practical application on asset allocation, portfolio creation methods, rebalancing strategies and schemes available in Singapore.
Participants should be able to:
- Gain understanding on the features of the various listed securities
- As an investment approach to help participants apply and understand how to evaluate the securities performances
- Differentiate and analyze portfolio creation methods through asset allocation and rebalancing strategies.
- Able to synthesize and apply their knowledge by formulating and constructing suitable plans/portfolio to participate in the schemes.
- Asset Securitisation
- Asset Liability Management
- Credit Risk Management (Corporate)
- Market Risk Management
- Remisier / Dealer
- Financial Industry Developments
- Functional Competencies
The course content is divided into several topic areas, which are then broken down into multiple subtopics:
- Interpret Prospectus, Product Highlight Sheet and Factsheet
- What is Prospectus and Product Highlight Sheet (PHS)
- Evaluating Listed Securities Products Performance
- Ways to evaluate the performance of a fund
- Absolute Returns
- Performance relative to risk taken
- Principles of Risk-Profile Based Assessment and Asset Allocation
- Risk Tolerance Questionnaire
- Self- Assessment
- Asset Allocation and Portfolio Creation Methods
- What is Asset Allocation
- Investment Strategy
- Time & Risk
- Portfolio Creation Method: Fund Selection
- What is Core & Satellite Investment Approach
- Benefits of a Core & Satellite Approach
- Calendar Rebalancing
- Percentage-of-Portfolio Rebalancing
- CPF Investing and Supplementary Retirement Scheme
- What is Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS)
- How to Start investing CPF Money?