Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information that you give us through our websites or our online services. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
1. We will only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to assist us in providing better customer service and delivery of services and products that are of interest to you.
3. We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
4. We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
5. We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff. CyberQuote’s staff and third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
7. We may amend this Policy from time to time and will place any such amendments on this Website. This Policy is not intended to, nor does it, create any contractual rights between CyberQuote and you.
Email messages sent to CyberQuote over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. CyberQuote will not be responsible for any damages incurred by users if they send a message to CyberQuote, or if CyberQuote sends a message to them at their request, over the Internet. CyberQuote is not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of this Website.
If you encounter any suspicious email, passing off as an email from CyberQuote, please notify us immediately at (65) 65311558.
Transmission over the Internet
Due to the nature of the Internet, transactions may be subject to interruption, interception, transmission blackout, delayed transmission and incorrect data transmission. Regardless of any security measures taken by us, CyberQuote shall assume no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or expense resulting from such delays, interruptions and/or interceptions.
Security is our top priority. CyberQuote will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data. You should not accept links or redirections from other websites or media for the purpose of logging onto website.
- Our web servers are protected behind “firewalls” and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access. We will not send personal information to you by ordinary email.
- Only your valid User ID and Password, which identify you uniquely, will allow you to log in to our secure website(s). This ensures that messages from authorized users only are admitted into our secure site(s).
- All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that CyberQuotel will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in Singapore concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
We endeavor to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests. You are responsible to ensure that your User ID and/or Password are not compromised by knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorized use of it. Failure to do so exposes you to the risks of fraud and loss. CyberQuote will not be responsible for losses suffered by customers as a result of:
a. input errors or misuse of its internet services;
b. negligent handling or sharing of Password;
c. leaving a computer unattended during an online session;
d. failure to immediately report known accidents of unauthorized account access.
CyberQuote will never ask you for your Password, in order to ensure that you are the only person who knows this information.
- You should safeguard your unique User ID and Password by keeping it secret and confidential. Do not share your User ID and Password with anyone or write them down, as you are responsible for all transactions undertaken with your User ID and Password.
- Ensure that no one can see your Password when you log in to our system.
- When choosing your Password, do not create it using easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number, a recognizable part of your name, spouse’s name, dictionary words, common character sequences such as “123456”, license plate number, passport number, social security number. The user-chosen password must have at least six (6) characters and are best recommended to be alphanumeric.
- Change your Password regularly. Do not recycle your recently used Password.
- The same Password should not be used for different websites, applications or services particularly when you relate to different entities.
- Do not select the option on your browser for storing or retaining User ID and Password.
- If you think your User ID and/or password has been disclosed to a third party, is lost or stolen and unauthorized transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
Alert on Phishing
Recently, there are many cases of fraud connected with the scam known as ‘phishing’. The scam makes use of unsolicited emails and/or fraudulent websites to trick people into disclosing confidential personal details such as user-names and passwords.
Techniques used include, but are not limited to,
- Using false email address, logos and graphics to mislead people into accepting the validity of emails and websites;
- Faking domain names to appear as if they represent the actual companies.
- Duping people into providing personal details through one or more methods such as hyperlinks to fake websites or embedded forms in emails.
Security Measures to prevent keystrokes being capture
It is advisable to take the necessary precautions to protect your personal computer against viruses and other malicious programs. Besides damaging and/or destroying data, viruses and malicious programs can capture your Password keystrokes and other personal information and send them to another person without your consent. Some precautions to take:
- Ensure that you install an effective personal firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware as well as anti-Trojan horse software. These should be updated regularly.
- Do not download any software from a website that is of doubtful origin.
- Do not open any email or attachment that is from a source unknown to you. When in doubt, delete such email without opening it.
We do not represent or warrant that the Website will be available and meet your requirements, that access will not be interrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system.
You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties. We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third part software that may be used in connection with the website.
Collection of Personal Information
- Use of “cookies”
Your visit to the Website may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the Website and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person’s web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser.
- Marketing Promotions
Occasionally, we may collect personal information from visitors to this site and those individuals that participate in a contest or promotion (online or over the telephone, or at one of our branches). Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do receive email or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out. If at any time you would like us to cease sending you direct mailings, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe. We will then, at no cost to you, act on your request within 30 days and ensure that you are not included in future direct marketing promotions.
Hyperlinks from CyberQuote to Third Party Websites
CyberQuote is not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to the Website. These hyperlinks lead to websites published or operated by third parties who are not affiliated with or in any way related to CyberQuote. Access to and use of such other websites is at the user’s own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use.
By providing hyperlinks to a third party website or webpage, CyberQuote shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the services/ products they provide on their websites, or to have any form of cooperation with such third parties and websites unless otherwise stated by CyberQuote.
We are not in any way responsible for the content of any third party website or webpage. CyberQuote is not a party to any contractual arrangements entered into between you and the provider of the third party website unless otherwise expressly specified or agreed to by CyberQuote.
Any links to websites that contain downloadable software are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible for any difficulties you may encounter in downloading the software or for any consequences from your doing so. Please remember that the use of any software downloaded from the Internet may be governed by a licence agreement and your failure to observe the terms of such licence agreement may result in an infringement of intellectual property rights of the relevant software provider, which we are not in any way responsible.
Hyperlinks from Third Party Websites to CyberQuote
You must always obtain the prior written approval of CyberQuote before creating a hyperlink in any form from a third party website to any CyberQuote’s website or webpage. CyberQuote may or may not give such approval at its absolute discretion.
CyberQuote is not responsible for the setup of any hyperlink from a third party website to any CyberQuote’s website or webpage. Any links so set up shall not constitute any form of co-operation with, or endorsement by, CyberQuote of such third party website. Any link to our Website shall always be an active and direct link to our Website and no "framing" or "deep-linking" of our web page or content is allowed, unless prior approval by CyberQuote.
CyberQuote is not liable for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by you or any third party arising out of or in connection with such link. CyberQuote reserves the right to rescind any approval granted to link through a plain-text link or any other type of link, and to require the removal of any such link to any CyberQuote websites, at our discretion at any time.
English Version to Prevail
If there are inconsistencies in meaning between the English version of these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions as may be translated into any other language, the English version shall prevail.
IMPORTANT: By accessing this website and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above.